VISION & MISSION
Nothing will positively impact the planet, our health, and farmed animals more than eliminating animal based foods from the human diet. We envision a time when Park City is one of the leading communities in policy change and action for a compassionate, healthy, and sustainable lifestyle.
Sage Mountain’s mission is to shift the paradigm of animal consumption in Park City and beyond through the advocacy of whole food plant centered living, a farmed animal sanctuary, educational programming and outreach throughout the community.
In addition to animal advocacy, Sage Mountain’ s work includes:
- Raise funds to provide food, vet care, farrier care, and shelter for the ambassador animals residing at our sanctuary.
- Education and Outreach about the negative impacts eating animals has on our health, the planet, and the lives of farmed animals.
- Inspire compassionate living through the choices we make and understanding the impact of these choices on the world and the lives of humans and animals.
- Vegan Film Series and panel discussions throughout the community.
- Multi Day Vegan Challenges
- Thirsty First Thursdays
- Sanctuary Opportunities
- School Classes and Curriculum
- Compassion and Empathy Training through Yoga classes and Presentations
- Virtual Reality Experiences
- Partnerships with local restaurants and businesses